thanks

The beautiful pictures that illustrate this chapter are the result of a study conducted by the university's Department of Art History and Archaeology at of Columbia University.

At the crossroads of university education, humanities and current technology, the Visual Media Center for Art History, Archeology and Historic Preservation established in 1994 in the department of art history and archeology of the Columbia University takes multiple digital projects for education in art history and archeology.
Stephen Murray, professor of medieval architecture at Columbia University in New York is the source of the posting by the VMC, the early 2000s, updated in 2007, the site Romanesque Churches of the Bourbonnais dedicated Romanesque churches in the Bourbonnais, revolutionary in many ways.

Click to view this study ICI.

 

To view images giroscopiques, your computer must have Quick Time.

Church Notre Dame of Agonges

Built in the late twelfth century and the early thirteenth century., This Romanesque building was remodeled in the thirteenth century and restored nineteenth century. The present structure shows the architectures of Burgundy, of Auvergne and of Berry. This monument in 1124 belongs to Saint Etienne Cathedral in Bourges before being offered to the Canons of Notre Dame de Sales in Berry in 1128 and then to the Abbey of Saint Menoux in 1145.

An image 360 degrees (rotate gently down the left by clicking the center button)

http://vincent.mcah.columbia.edu/bourb/media/qtvr/low/agon01i_cr.mov

The church of Holy Trinity-Autry Issards

Romanesque church of the Holy Trinity, the twelfth century The parish of Autry-Issards was attached to the castellany of Bourbon l'Archambault and belonged to the diocese of Bourges. The church of the Holy Trinity depended of Benedictine Priory of Montet-aux-Moines. This church has a painting of the fifteenth century Flemish influence. This is an unsigned painting on wood of the fifteenth century.

An image 360 degrees within the nave (rotate gently down the left by clicking the center button)

http://vincent.mcah.columbia.edu/bourb/media/qtvr/low/autr01i_cr.mov

 

An image 360 degrees inside the chapel on the right (rotate gently down the left by clicking the center button)

http://vincent.mcah.columbia.edu/bourb/media/qtvr/low/autr01i_ch_s.mov

 

The church of Saint Georges de Bourbon l'Archambault

Benedictine chapel until the thirteenth century, the Church of St. George of Bourbon l'Archambault is a jewel of Burgundian architecture, with a past out of the ordinary. Built in the second half of the twelfth century on the site of an ancient Roman temple dedicated to Apollo, the Church of St. George was originally a chapel of the abbey of St. Menoux. She became a parish church in 1732, and was then the seat of an important archpriest of the diocese of Bourges, which depended forty-seven parishes. Between 1845 and 1851, significant expansion and development were undertaken. The apsidal chapels disappeared. The church was extended by a new deep choir, preceded by two bays and surrounded by a ambulatory flanked by three chapels.

An image 360 degrees within the nave (rotate gently down the left by clicking the center button)
http://vincent.mcah.columbia.edu/bourb/media/qtvr/low/boar01i_cr.mov

The church of St. Maurice Buxieres-les-Mines

The romanesque Church Saint Maurice, the twelfth century - the fourteenth century. It is a listed monument since the July 12 1886. The parish of Buxieres-les-Mines in 1152 is recognized as possession of Souvigny by a bull of Pope Eugene III. This monument was built in two periods: the three western bays of the nave and aisles were created in the second half of the twelfth century, the eastern part with the neighboring bay of the transept, transept, apse and two rectangular chapels, was built in the early thirteenth century. Following the experiences of Romanesque Burgundy and Auvergne, the west front of church of which the gate is composed of fluted pilasters decorated of archivolts and have monolithic columns decorated with twists and meanders, the whole surmounted by a line of crows human motives, or animal-shaped chips.

An image 360 degrees within the nave (rotate gently down the left by clicking the center button)

http://vincent.mcah.columbia.edu/bourb/media/qtvr/low/buxi01i_cr.mov

The church of St. Stephen of Franchesse

Romanesque church St. Stephen, twelfth century - nineteenth century. It is a listed monument since the July 12 1886. This church was built by the Benedictines of Souvigny the twelfth century and depends on the diocese of Bourges. This monument was restored in the fifteenth century and has benefited from heavy work in the nineteenth century. The church of Saint Etienne is composed of a nave with side aisles, a transept with chapels oriented, a choir that has an alternation of arched windows and an arc in miter of influence of Auvergne. The typical church steeple Bourbonnais is surmounted by a modern wooden arrow having replaced the stone spire. With the ditches, it represents the last vestige of the medieval town.

 An image 360 degrees within the nave (rotate gently down the left by clicking the center button)

http://vincent.mcah.columbia.edu/bourb/media/qtvr/low/fran01i_cr.mov

The abbey church of St. Menoux

The parish depends on the former diocese of Bourges The church of Saint Menoux is a abbey church Burgundian Romanesque style, built in the twelfth century on the site of the first building erected in the eleventh century. It belonged to the abbey was a convent of women. This abbey was closed and vandalized during the revolution. Ménulphe was an Irish bishop born in the seventh century. Upon returning from a pilgrimage to Rome, he stopped, exhausted and ill, in the small village of Mailly on Rose. He died here and the village became Saint Menoux. The relics of the bishop are set in a stone sarcophagus embedded behind the altar. We call him "la débredinoire". The narthex of trapezoidal plan, dates from the eleventh century.

An image 360 degrees within the altar (rotate gently down the left by clicking the center button)

http://vincent.mcah.columbia.edu/bourb/media/qtvr/low/smen01i_ci.mov

 

An image 360 degrees within the nave (rotate gently down the left by clicking the center button)

http://vincent.mcah.columbia.edu/bourb/media/qtvr/low/smen01i_na.mov

The church of St. Martin of Ygrande

Romanesque Church Saint Martin, twelfth century - the fourteenth century The original church of the diocese of Clermont was given in the eleventh century by the Sire de Bourbon to the Bishop of Nevers, then to the Priory of Souvigny the twelfth century, time of the new building who kept it until the revolution. It is an historical monument in 1886. This monument consists of a nave of four bays with low sides and a transept. The fifth bay before the apse is inverted barrel vault. The fourteenth-century octagonal tower stands on the crossing at a height of 36 meters high above the plateau.

An image 360 degrees within the nave (rotate gently down the left by clicking the center button)

http://vincent.mcah.columbia.edu/bourb/media/qtvr/low/ygra01i_cr.mov